Tuesday, January 1, 2013

reflection

Oh 2012, what a year it has been! My journey with Grace continues, as well, a journey. Day to day is never the same. I think I have her figured out, and then she does something new. This can be a regression or advancement. I have tried finding outlets for myself in the last year or so with trying to be a "normal" mom. I am learning more that this is also a challenge. At the end of the day all I want to do is sleep. Crafting, working out at the gym, reading. The things I love to do are becoming a daily chore. I want me time, but I think that would require getting up around 4 am. Doesn't sound to exciting for me. With Grace staring Kindergarten this fall, I have learned to appreciate quiet, but look forward to her coming home at noon. She is learning so much at school, more social skills than academic, but she loves it! Losing my Grandma to cancer this year has put life into perspective. Something she said that I will always remember, "I'm not afraid to die, I've had a good time". Isn't that what it's all about in the long run? Have fun, enjoy life, don't sweat the little things. Enjoy your time on this planet, for it's only a trial for the great things we have to look forward to in eternity with the Father. I'm looking forward to 2013 and all that it will bring. Instead of a resolution, like others, I have two words that I will be looking forward to learning how to do. Be Still. Be still to listen, learn, and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment